Online shop website terms and conditions
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference. We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 10/07/2021
- Information about us
1.1 All profits made from the sales of goods on our site are paid directly to The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum to support its work (registered charity number 1156207). The Online Shop is operated by The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum Trading Company, Registered Company no 02193863.
1.2 Contacting us:
- To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to contact the Museum Office on 01962 828549 or email email@example.com or by post The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum, Peninsula Barracks, Romsey Road, Winchester, SO23 8TS. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.
- If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning the Museum Office 01962 828548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- Our Products
2.1 The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
2.2 Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because some of our Products are handmade, often from recycled products all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site have a 5% tolerance.
2.3 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
- Use of our site
3.1 Your use of our site is governed by these Terms & Conditions. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. How we use your personal information
- As a Consumer
5.1 As a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
5.2 Certain Products on our site can only be purchased if you satisfy the legal age requirement for that product; these are 1) products containing alcohol, 2) knives/bladed instruments. We are not allowed by law to supply these Products to you if you do not satisfy these age requirements. If you are underage, please do not attempt to order these Products from our site. Proof of ID may be requested upon delivery. By placing an order with us you are confirming that you are of legal age to purchase the relevant products.
- How the contract is formed between you and us
6.1 Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
6.2 After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 6.3.
6.3 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
6.4 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
7 Our right to vary these Terms
7.1 We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated and which Terms were changed (if applicable).
7.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
7.3 We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or
- in the event that there is a material change to our relationship with our suppliers.
7.4 If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
- Your consumer right of return and refund
8.1 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract within 14 days and claim a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
8. 2 Our Delivery and Returns Policy. Please note, these terms reflect the Delivery and Returns Policy on our website, which is more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 in the ways set out below. This delivery and returns policy does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or mis-described Products.
Right under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
How our Delivery and Returns policy is more generous
14 day period to change your mind.
30 day period to change your mind.
8. 3 When you don’t have the right to change your mind. The cancellation right referred to above does not apply in the case of:
- Products which have been personalised for you, such as stationery or gifts
- Perishable goods such as food
- Sealed audio or sealed video recordings, once these products are unsealed after you receive them.
8.4 Your right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
End of the cancellation period
Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
The end date is the end of 30 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 9 February.
Your Contract is for either of the following:
The end date is 30 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your Product or the first of your separate Products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate Product on 15 January you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate Products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 14 February.
8.5 To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel.
8.6 You can also e-mail us email@example.com . If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
8.7 If you cancel your Contract we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method).
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
- if you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 9.10;
- if you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
8.8 If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 8 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
8.9 We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
8.10 If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You can send it back to The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum, Peninsula Barracks, Romsey Road, Winchester SO23 8TS unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 8.8), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery.
8.11 Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 8 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
9.1 We will contact you with an estimated delivery date, which will be within 30 days after the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order). Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause for our responsibilities when this happens.
9.2 Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
9.3 You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
9.4 If we miss the 30 day delivery deadline for any Products then you may cancel your Order straight away if any of the following apply:
- we have failed to deliver the Products;
- delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
9.5 If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 9.4, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your Order if we do not meet the new deadline.
9.6 If you do choose to cancel your Order for late delivery under clause 9.5, you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your Order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
9.7 Under UK, VAT is due on all sales to private individuals where delivery is to an address UK.
- International delivery
10.1 If you order Products from our site for delivery to one of the International Delivery Destinations, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
10.2 You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
10.3 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
- Price of products and delivery charges
11.1 The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 11.4 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
11.2 Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
11.3 The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
11.4 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- How to pay
12.1 You can pay for Products using a debit card or credit card.
12.2 Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We take payment when the order is placed.
13.1 If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
13.2 We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13.3 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Events outside our control
14.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
14.2 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
14.3 You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Museum office by telephone on 01962 828549 or by mail to The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) museum, Peninsula Barracks, Romsey Road, Winchester, SO23 8TS. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
- Communications between us
15.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
15.2 If you are a consumer you may contact us as described in clause 1.2.
- Other important terms
16.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
16.2 You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
16.3 This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
16.4 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
16.5 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
16.6 If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
17.1 From time to time, we may choose to run promotions for specific product offers or discount opportunities via our site (Promotional Offers). In addition to the terms set out above applying to purchases of Products which are subject to any Promotional Offers, any description and terms of each promotion set out on our site and in the marketing communication in which the Promotional Offer was originally supplied upon by us (Promotion Terms) shall also apply. All of our Promotional Offers are also subject to the following specific terms and conditions:
- Promotional Offers are only valid on full-priced items and cannot be used on sale or promotional items which are already discounted unless otherwise stated;
- Promotional Offers are valid for a limited period of time as specified in the original marketing communication containing the Promotional Offer and cannot be used outside of that period;
- Promotional Offers are valid online and on telephone orders, they are not valid in our shops;
- discounts are not redeemable against the following items: Virtual Gifts & Vouchers (including but not limited to Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards, Gift Membership, Experiences, Touring Passes and Virtual Gifts), Small Wonders, Alitex Greenhouses, Crane Sheds and Summerhouses, and Turtle Mats;
- if an item from an order which is subject to a Promotional Offer is returned, and by giving a full refund for such item, the amount spent by you would mean the order value is less than the qualifying spend for that Promotional Offer, then we may deduct the total discount given under the Promotional Offer from any refund;
- if you are ordering on the telephone, please confirm to our representative about the Promotional Offer you are seeking to use before concluding your order. Please note that no Promotional Offer can be applied retrospectively; and
- all orders are subject to stock availability and we reserve the right to withdraw, amend or extend Promotional Offers at any time.
17.2 To the extent that the Promotional Offer in question involves the supply of a code which can be used to apply a discount if your order meets the terms of the Promotional Offer (Promotional Code), the following additional terms and conditions apply:
- Promotional Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Terms;
- if using the Promotional Code online, enter it as requested during the check-out process;
- Promotional Codes are for use by the intended recipient only and proof of entitlement to use a Promotional Code may be requested; and
- All orders using Promotional Codes are subject to our acceptance and any improper use of Promotional Codes may result in the cancellation of your order.
17.3 To the extent that there is any conflict between these Terms and the Promotion Term, then the Promotion Terms will apply.
Privacy and Cookies
The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum Shop is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its website. This policy describes what we do with information (“personal data”) about you that is collected when you visit and use this website and is subject to change from time to time.
When you visit this website we may collect information about you, either directly (e.g. where you provide data to us by email) or through technical means (e.g.) Internet access logs which automatically collect your Internet address).
The personal data which we collect will be processed for the purpose of fulfilling your requests submitted through the website (shop orders) and generally enable us to operate, administer and monitor use of the website. Data may also be retained by us for general research or statistical purposes. We may, from time to time, send you further information (by email) relating to products or services which we feel may interest you. You may notify us at any time if you wish to cease receiving this information by sending an email to email@example.com . We may disclose your personal data to members of the Museum staff but we will not disclose your personal data to third parties outside the Agency other than service suppliers acting on our behalf.
We take steps to maintain the security of your data on the website.
You should be aware that the Internet, being an “open network” is not completely secure. If you choose to send any communications to us by means of the Internet, you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such communication will be intercepted or changed or they will reach the recipient safely.
Ekm_USERNAME - This temporary cookie is generated to test if cookies are enabled on the visitor’s browser.
Ekm_pp_USERNAME – This cookie stores a unique reference to visitors cart contents. It stores authentication details for customer logged in section.
Ekm_temp_ORDERNUMBER – This cookie stores a reference to the visitor’s order number after an order has been generated.
The above cookies are essential to the function and operation of the website.